We Fight For Grieving Families Throughout California
When a loved one dies as the result of the wrongful act or neglect of another person or entity, certain family members may bring a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for the harm they suffered as a result of the victim’s death. Brock & Gonzales LLP is proud to represent family members who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others, and we work to ensure the family is fairly compensated for their tragic loss.
To arrange a free consultation, please call 310-294-9595 or contact us by email. We have offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, and we represent individuals and families statewide.
Who Is Able to Bring A Wrongful Death Claim?
The law allows only certain individuals to bring a wrongful death claim. These individuals are:
- The victim’s surviving spouse or domestic partner
- The victim’s children
- The victim’s parents if the victim had no children or if the parents depended on the victim when the victim died
- The victim’s stepchildren, and other minors living with the victim, who were dependent on the victim when the victim died
Usually, the victim’s siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandparents and grandchildren cannot bring a wrongful death claim. These family members may be able to bring a claim if the victim was not married, had no children and the victim’s parents had already died.
What Is Recoverable In A Wrongful Death Claim?
Each person who can bring a wrongful death claim is entitled to recover monetary damages for all the harm he or she suffered and is likely to suffer in the future because of the victim’s death. This can include:
- Financial benefits and security he or she would have received from the victim
- Value of the loss of services, advice or training
- Value of the loss of love, companionship, comfort, affection, society, solace or moral support
Schedule A Free Consultation
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person or an entity, contact us to set up a free consultation. Please call 310-294-9595 or send us an email. With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, Brock & Gonzales LLP represents grieving families throughout California.