Fighting For Victims Of Vape Pen Injuries
E-Cigarettes or “Vapes” have been marketed to consumers as a “safer” alternative to smoking cigarettes, or as a tool to quit smoking altogether. Not only do these devices carry the health risks associated with smoking, but they are also dangerous as they can explode, without warning, causing severe burns and serious injury.
If you have been injured due to an e-cigarette explosion, contact the personal injury attorneys at Brock & Gonzales LLP today. Please call 310-294-9595 or contact us via email to set up a free consultation. We can help.
What Causes E-Cigarette Explosions?
Explosions can be caused by battery-related issues or issues associated with the component parts, such as the atomizer or mod.
These devices are often sold without important warnings from the manufacturer or retailer, such as which parts are susceptible to explosion, or instructions for safe use, such as how to store or charge the batteries. The products can also be sold without proper packaging or containers for safe storage.
Types Of Injury From E-Cigarette Explosions
As a result of these defects, consumers have suffered severe, life-changing injuries, including burns to face, teeth, neck, hands, arms and legs. These burns are often very serious and can require surgical intervention such as skin grafts.
Recently, an e-cigarette explosion resulted in the death of a 24-year-old man.
What Are You Entitled To Recover In An E-Cigarette Explosion Case?
If you or anyone you know has suffered an injury as a result of an e-cigarette or “Vape’” explosion, you may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer and retailer. Specifically, you can recover:
- All of your medical expenses, even if your health insurance paid for your medical treatment
- Monetary compensation for your past and future physical pain, mental suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, physical impairment, inconvenience, grief, anxiety, humiliation, and emotional distress
- All of your lost wages if you missed any time from work or your injuries affected your ability to earn money into the future
- Punitive damages to deter the product manufacturer from engaging in similar conduct in the future
- Your husband or wife may also be able to recover for the loss of your love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, moral support and sexual relations
Get A Free Consultation
If you have been injured by an e-cigarette explosion, contact us to set up a free consultation. We will do everything we can to ensure that you are fairly compensated for all the harm you have suffered, to enable you to focus solely on your recovery. Please call 310-294-9595 or reach us by email. We can help.
“I have happily referred this law firm to friends of mine and family and anyone that I come across who needs professional and positive services. I will highly recommend.”
– Anthony L.