Electric Scooter Injuries Can Be Serious
Electric scooters are rapidly taking over the streets and sidewalks of many major cities, including Los Angeles. These alternative transportation options claim to make streets safer by reducing the number of drivers on the road. Although they decrease the number of cars on the road, electric scooters are not necessarily safer for those operating them, or for pedestrians sharing the roads and sidewalks with riders.
If you have been injured in an electric scooter accident, contact Brock & Gonzales LLP for a free consultation today. Please call 310-294-9595 or send us an email. We represent injury victims throughout California.
Causes Of Electric Scooter Accidents
Accidents involving riders of electric scooters can be caused by malfunctioning parts, such as the braking mechanism, steering unit, and wheels, resulting in a loss of control of the scooter. Indeed, riders can be thrown from the scooters at speeds of around 15 mph. Although this may not seem like a high rate of speed, serious injuries, including broken bones, and head injuries can result, as many riders do not wear helmets.
Riders can also be injured in vehicle collisions with distracted drivers.
Non-riders of electric scooters can also be injured in collisions caused by operator error or reckless driving of the scooters. Several cities have laws prohibiting the operation of scooters on sidewalks and walkways.
Pedestrians can also trip and fall over scooters left on streets and sidewalks.
What Are You Entitled To Recover In An Electric Scooter Accident?
If you or anyone you know has suffered an injury as a result of an electric scooter accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer and retailer. Specifically, you may be able to recover:
- All of your medical expenses, even if your health insurance paid for your medical treatment
- Monetary compensation for your past and future physical pain, mental suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, physical impairment, inconvenience, grief, anxiety, humiliation, and emotional distress
- All of your lost wages if you missed any time from work or your injuries affected your ability to earn money into the future
- Punitive damages to deter the product manufacturer from engaging in similar conduct in the future
- Your husband or wife may also be able to recover for the loss of your love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, moral support and sexual relations
Get A Free Consultation
If you have been injured by an e-cigarette explosion, contact us to set up a free consultation. We will do everything we can to ensure that you are fairly compensated for all the harm you have suffered. Please call 310-294-9595 or contact us by email. With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, we represent injury victims throughout California.
“I have happily referred this law firm to friends of mine and family and anyone that I come across who needs professional and positive services. I will highly recommend.”
– Anthony L.