Christopher P. Brandes
“It is my pleasure and honor to have had Mr. Brandes represent me. I don’t have the words to adequately express my genuine heart felt respect and admiration for a man who has treated me like family.”
Christopher P. Brandes is head of Brock & Gonzales, LLP's Employment Law Department. Mr. Brandes has handled all types of employment disputes, including, wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination. Through his efforts, Mr. Brandes' clients have recovered millions of dollars at trial or in settlement.
Born into a working class Peruvian family, Mr. Brandes saw at a young age how California's workers' rights can many times be taken of advantage of, especially in the Latin American communities. His Spanish speaking fluency has allowed him to develop stronger client relationships, ensuring that Brock & Gonzales' various Latin-American clients remain comfortable throughout all stages of the litigation process.
In law school, Mr. Brandes served as Justice for the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity. Additionally, as head student representative for BarBri bar review, Mr. Brandes assisted his fellow law students in passing the bar exam.
In 2017, Mr. Brandes was recognized as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers in the Southern California area under 40 years of age.
- Super Lawyers - California Rising Star, 2017-2019
Current Employment Position
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles , Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor - 2011
- Honors: Justice for Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity’s Sammis Chapter
- Honors: Extern at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office Major Fraud, Hardcore Gang, and Preliminary Hearing units
- Honors: Wildman/Schumacher Scholarship
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 2008