Product manufactures receive a financial benefit from selling their products to the public. Manufactures are, therefore, legally responsible for all the harm caused to consumers product that are defective. Brock & Gonzales, LLP represent individuals injured by defective products.
WHAT MAKES A PRODUCT "defective?"
A product may be “defective” if it contains a manufacturing defect, a design defect, or a warning defect.
A manufacturing defect occurs when the product is different from what the manufacturer intended;
A design defect occurs when the product failed to perform as safely as an ordinary consumer would expect; and
A warning defect occurs when a product does not have a warning that adequately instructs consumers how use the product without harm or when a product does not have a warning that informs consumers of the risks or side effects of using the product.
examples of the Types of Product Liability Cases
- Motor Vehicle Malfunction
- Defective Tires or Airbags
- Faulty Medical Devices
- Harmful Prescription Drugs
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems Malfunction
- Dangerous Bathtubs and Showers
- Dangers Machinery and Tools
- Food and Beverages Contamination
- Household Items, Furniture and Appliances Malfunction
- Toxic Health and Beauty Supplies
- Sporting Goods and Equipment Malfunction
- Toxic Substances and Chemicals
- Harmful Clothing
- Dangerous Toys
What are you Entitled to Recover in a product liability case?
- All of your medical expenses, even if your health insurance paid for your medical treatment
- Monetary compensation for your past and future physical pain, mental suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, physical impairment, inconvenience, grief, anxiety, humiliation, and emotional distress
- All of your lost wages if you missed any time from work or your injuries affected your ability to earn money into the future
- Punitive damages to deter the product manufacturer from engaging in similar conduct in the future
- Your husband or wife may also be able to recover for the loss of your love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, moral support and sexual relations
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, contact us to set up a free consultation.